Playing chess online?

robh at apearl.net robh at apearl.net
Fri Dec 4 08:16:50 UTC 2009

What's wrong with stepping back a pace and re-looking at the old way, when
people used to do it by post with a real player.  We could do with a chess
club to this end;  but  sending very succinct emails, sms messages of
moves is the easiest thing in the world and each follows the plot on their
own real board and pieces. People used to play chess across the world like
this before the net was invented, so it would be helped by the turn-around
time of this additional coms medium. With news groups and dedicated email
lists;  you could have multiple public games even;  so long as only two
parties dictated their respective moves;  spectators could follow for
their interest or critical analysis.

RobH.