the linux cookbook

Tim Chase blinux.list at thechases.com
Mon Dec 7 17:48:09 UTC 2009

> Is there a way I can download the online linux cookbook and
> read it offline in a text file?

I didn't see any "download this" link on the site for any
particular format, whether PDF, HTML, CHM, or plain-text.
However, I suspect you could use "wget" to slurp the site to a
locally cached copy.  A little googling also turned up this PDF:

http://oss.sgi.com/LDP/LDP/linuxcookbook/linuxcookbook-1.2.pdf

which appears to be the whole thing (about 7.5 megs).

> I'm using windows xp,

To use wget, you'd either have to download a version for Win32,
or if you have the cygwin toolkit installed, use that.

-tim