Questions?

Rob Harris robh at apearl.net
Fri Feb 13 19:18:34 UTC 2009

I found an old announcement about the ZipSpeak.  I not long ago
scrapped an old p2 with slackware 9 and speakup on;  but this
miniVersion ready made might yet still appeal to me.  But I never got as
far as the EmacSpeak;  is this latter included in the former or could it
be?  and to what benefit?

The key reason I didn't chase Linux far is relative lack of basic
navigation with arrow keys within editors.  VI and it's ilk are
notorious for this.  I did well with Edbrowse mind and it is advancing
all the time. But being based on the old ED, it was not good as an
editor either.

I'm on blinux list occasionally and see reference to ORke is it, a
speech interface for the Gnome gui and using a software synthesiser too;
aren't there ready-made versions that come up talking with soft
synthesisers too?

Escaping the MS trap does still appeal to me and a smart phone hasn't
yet answered that question.  Mac's don't appear 2nd hand enough to chase
either.

Reference to specific docs would help no end;  many thanks,  RobH.