exim.conf under rpm-based oses

Labrador labrad0r at edpnet.be
Wed Jul 29 18:13:08 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm not sure it'll be exactly the same for Fedora versus Mandriva, but I'd
like to have some tips, urls, howtos, or basic explanations about how to
configure exim with fetchmail under Mandriva:

I'm trying a Mdv 2009-1, but due to the fact that I'm new to rpm-based OSes
I haven't been able to find out how to begin with it.

For fetchmail, I use /root/.fetchmailrc-file1 etc to retrieve mail through
POP.
But without a configured exim, mail won't be locally redistributed, and new
mail won't be posted to a smtp machine.

Under Debian I simply do a dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config, choose option 2
for exim with a smarthost like fetchmail, and in a few minutes my conf is
ready to go!

I tried to replace exim with ssmtp on Mandriva but the strange thing is it
keeps both instead of replacing exim by ssmtp, and the ->sendmail symlink is
still related to exim. Very strange!

So please any help is welcome!

Aldo.