accessing the NLS Bard website with Lynx

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Wed Nov 4 08:44:42 UTC 2009

You're probably not accepting cookies.  I downloaded several books with
Lynx the cat.  Also, you'll have to be careful when saving.  Lynx
doesn't preserve the full names of the files because NLS uses spaces.
If possible, you should use Firefox for a better experience, but it can
be done with Lynx.  What I did was send a head request for the book I
wanted and print the output to a file.  Among the headers is the full
name of the file.  If using Speakup, you can copy and paste the file
name, including quotes and rename the incomplete file names.