Dos screen reading package with braille output needed

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Apr 23 08:40:07 UTC 2010

I've not had any refreshable braille devices for several years.  That
being said though, mskermit for dos with its script feature is easy and
powerful enough that someone with a knowledge of the special codes needed
by the braille device could write mskermit scripts and have mskermit
handle that braille device.  Another possibility would be the commo
package though the script language is more complex for commo.  An entry in
autoexec.bat to run the communications package with a command line script
written by a user could reach out to the braille device and wake it up and
get it going.  There's an expect/wait syntax for kermit scripts along with
a set command to set things like com ports and speed and the like.  The
output command sends commands down the port line which is com1 unless
changed by a user or script then you have an input statement and specify
what you expect the device to send back to mskermit.  Then it's a matter
of your selected interaction.  What's after input and output is in double
quotes and hex characters like carriage return line feed are written like