Problems Building with Latest Gnu Autotolls

John J. Boyer john.boyer at abilitiessoft.com
Tue Aug 31 17:39:26 UTC 2010

This relates to the BrailleBlaster project. I have a CentOS system that
I have gotten ready for Java development. I also installed the laest
versions of autoconf, automake and libtool with the usual configure,
make, make install. Apparently they didn't install themselves
correcvtly. autoconf can't find the file pkg.m4 unless I use the -I
option. It is in /usr/share/aclocal the autotools installed in
/usr/local/bin My build of liblouisutdml also has a copy of gnulib,
which contains some files from previous versions of autotools that
libtool rejects. How do I clear up the messd so ican continue
development?

Thanks,
John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.