Update: Problem with Media Files in Windows

RiverWind riverwind at shellworld.net
Tue Dec 28 02:32:05 UTC 2010

Greetings,

Karen, there are indeed utilities that play different sorts of
media files. The format we are dealing with in this situation is
mp3. The movie player plays mp3 and other files without a problem,
when it works. I am not sure I understand your actual question, but
I may have answered it. There is a bit of a dichotomy in this
situation, because we are dealing with both GUI and command line
environments that are integral within the same operating system.
The problem occurred when ever I performed a very rudimentary
operation, that of merely installing the sox utility.

I am given to understand that any time I try to do any upgrades or
even install basic packages, I am subject to encounter this
problem, because the system I am running is slightly more than a
year old, and hence not up to date. Consequently there are
conflicts between my antiquated system and the newer files that
come with upgrades and/or installations. I would upgrade my entire
system with the squeeze disk, but it is still in the beta phase.

Bright Blessings,
RiverWind

Feel free to visit my website and my blog and learn more about me
and what I stand for.
My Website @ http://riverwind.shellworld.net
My Blog http://windraven13.livejournal.com/