File Mannagement and Selective Playing with mpg123

Tim Chase blinux.list at thechases.com
Thu Dec 30 01:08:24 UTC 2010

On 12/29/2010 11:53 AM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> By the way, it's mpg321 not mpg123.  The mpg123 hasn't got the
> playing capabilities that mpg321 has if memory serves.

Both are available on my Debian box...mpg321 is a clone of
mpg123, and a mostly-drop-in-replacement per the details of the
package:

   apt-cache show mpg321 mpg123 | less

At least the version I have states that mpg321 is missing a few
details of the mpg123 implementation.  321 was created because
123 wasn't free-software at the time.  123 has since updated to a
free-software license so it's somewhat immaterial now.

-tim