Question about pc speaker module on Squeeze

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Feb 5 01:49:08 UTC 2010

Probably udev is causing this problem.  Earlier it was possible to use
modprobe and the modconf package to install things like this but since
udev came in configuring things like this is different.  You might try
updatedb first and then use grep to search files on your hard drive for a
mention of pcspkr.  I suspect it will be mentioned in a udev black list
file along with another file.  My guess here because I've not yet learned
enough about udev is that the black list entry either needs removing or