Recording with Rec?

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Fri Feb 12 07:46:18 UTC 2010

One thing I forgot to mention which I'm sure was pointed out already is
that you don't need to be root to record.  If you're getting permission
errors opening your sound device and it isn't in use by another process,
make sure your user is added to the audio group.  I found that adding
the user I store most of my files under to the audio group solved a lot
of problems.  This is definitely true with sox and MPlayer as I use both
as a normal user regularly.