command line streaming URL scraping tool

Rudy Vener salt at panix.com
Sat Jun 5 21:52:30 UTC 2010

I'm trying to locate a tool which when given a web page with a "Listen Live"
link, can return the actual URL of  an audio stream which can be handed
off to mplayer.

My problem as you will doubtless surmise, is finding the actual
URLs  of audio streams.

Ideally I'd like a tool which I can use like this:
$ get_audio_url http://www.wabcradio.com > url.txt
or
$ mplayer `get_audio_url http://www.wabcradio.com`

Does anyone know if such a beastie exists?

--
Rudy Vener, Owner and founder
Pizza Galaxy - Online ordering and Email marketing for

Restaurant owners, boost your sales with new
customers, more visits and increased ticket size with
Pizza Galaxy's Online Ordering and E-mail Marketing.
Get our free report: The Top 7 Ways for Restaurants to get
Customers Online. Go to
http://www.pizzagalaxy.com/top7ways.html
to get your free copy.

see for yourself  how customers hear about restaurant online
ordering by following us on  Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/pizzagalaxy