some questions. Virtualbox, soundcard, volume

Kristoffer Gustafsson kg84 at dreamwld.com
Thu Mar 4 17:57:40 UTC 2010

Hello!
Ok, I've got a couple of questions. I have perhaps asked some of this before on this list, but had to reformat the harddrive some weeks ago, and lost my e-mails.
The questions are as follows:
1. virtualbox.
As I undestand it, when I remove a floppy or cd/dvd or anything else in my virtual windows xp. I have to do so too in the virtualbox control manager, and unmount/mount it in linux.
Is there a way to automate that process?
Also, does any of you have experience with jaws in virtualbox? Does it work?
2. default soundcard.
I'm getting the wrong card by defautl in linux, I ave to run alsaconf and choose my soundblaster as default every time I boot into linux. Any solutions to this?
And finally, the volume is very low. Can I set that somewhere so I don't have to run alsamixer every time?
/Kristoffer