Number of lines on the screen

Christian Schoepplein chris at schoeppi.net
Wed Mar 24 15:34:09 UTC 2010

Hi,

getting back to a very old mail, but I have the same problem now :(.

On Mi, Feb 03, 2010 at 09:21:09 +1000, Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson wrote:
>On Tue, 2 Feb 2010, Jason White wrote:
>
>>Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson <jbsn at tpg.com.au> wrote:
>>>I used to have 25 lines on my screen, then I had thirty and now I
>>>have 37. I've a 2.6.31 kernel and I'm running Grub 0.97-59 with
>>>Grub-pc 1.98~experimental.2.
>>>screen?
>>
>>What are the kernel options in your Grub configuration, i.e., the parameters
>>passed to the kernel?
>>
>>If you're using Grub 2, as you appear to be doing, then try uncommenting
>>GRUB_TERMINAL=console
>>in /etc/default/grub
>
>Thanks, Jason. I am running Grub 2. Uncommenting
>GRUB_TERMINAL=console did the trick.

Unfortunatly not for me :(.

I've installed a new system and upgraded to grub2 also, now I have 160 columns and 64 lines :(.

I set the parameter in grub.cfg but that did not bring me back to a console with 25 lines and 80 columns.

Also i specified the vga=normal kernel parameter, also no change.

Does anybody have a idea what elese I can do to get back to a normal console or how to stop the framebuffer?

Thanks and kind regards,

  Christian