Number of lines on the screen

Christian Schoepplein chris at schoeppi.net
Wed Mar 24 19:29:39 UTC 2010

On Mi, Mär 24, 2010 at 01:14:37 -0400, Lee Maschmeyer wrote:
>ARGH! 25x80 is fossil age! Forge ahead into the 1990s!

*lol* Your right. But I'm using sbl and its profiles for different
applications, a very nice feature which brltty has not included and I
don't want to rewrite all the profiles because the number of collumns
and lines have changed.

>But if you're really dumb--I'm sorry--enamored enough to use such an
>obsolete format (please don't take offence; I'm just feeling jocular)
>you should be able to do something like:
>
>stty rows 25 columns 80

Unfortunatly not, I've allready tried this.

>OK, maybe you're low vision and need the larger character size to see
>it. Please pardon my chauvinism; I'm a total and use brltty. :-)

No problem, but brltty is a nogo for me, because it is not able to deal
with application based profiles. Try sbl and you do not want to miss
this nice thing in future and go back to brltty :).

Do you have any more ideas? How can the frame buffer disabled in
general?

Cheers,

  Christian

--