adriane knoppix question

Josh jkenn337 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 13:22:27 UTC 2010

Hi Klaus,

I have a friend who is older, in his 50s, I was thinking about teaching him just enough about virtual machines so he could run knoppix-adriane in case he needed open-office spreadsheet. a question though. if I have a shared folder on my host OS, windows7, and my computer name is, joshcomputer, how do I access the shared networked folder using knoppix? in windows I go to the run dialog type

\\joshcomputer\mysharedfolder
hit enter and I can copy and paste to and from the shared folder. How does this work in knoppix?

Josh Kennedy jkenn337 at gmail.com http://jkenn337.klangoblog.net