University Radio Software

Samuel Wilkins cleverclogs at gwilkins.co.uk
Sun Oct 3 08:36:04 UTC 2010

Hello there, I will be helping on my university's radio station. However,
their music

broadcasting software only works in Linux. Could you please tell me what
screen readers

for Linux are available, how much they cost, and whether they would support
a doubletalk

LT synthesizer. I have spoken to the station manager and he thinks that the
software

could be run through the command line interface, as I believe that is the
only way

to use Linux, as they do not use the Gnome interface. Could you please tell
me if

this is true. The software they developed is a bespoke piece of software
developed by the university, and they are happy to make any modifications.
Finally, I am hoping to allow people to phone into the show I will

be presenting. However, the station manager has told me that the system they
will

be receiving is touch screen. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I
could

do and if there are any systems that I could use? I am asking these
questions because

the station manager wants me to tell him exactly what I am going to need.
So, I'm

going to send him a preliminary list of what is required, so he can discuss
with

the student union what they can do. Thank you in advance.