sonification of math functions?

prayner at unimelb.edu.au prayner at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Oct 13 09:53:46 UTC 2010

Jim's original mail didn't specify noncommercial so I'll add that I
used maple for years.  It's output format in those days was LATeX'ish
but I could read it.
On the sonification front I wrote something using Roger Dannenberg's
nyquist program to sonify sets of x-y graphs.  I've just noticed that
it's broken in my recent change of computer and OS version but I'll
post it once fixed.  I was surprised how useful I found this ... and
besides playing some of my graphs during seminars is kind of a cool
gimmick.
Next task is exploring 2d data with the otherwise useless touchpad on
my laptop.
cheers
Peter

--