Notetakers

Henry Yen blinux-mail at AegisInfoSys.com
Wed Sep 8 01:08:30 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 19:58:54PM -0400, Leslie Fairall wrote:
> So with my Pac Mate or BrailleNote, I would type:
>
> telnet://shellworld.net
>
> (Assuming CGI telnet is properly installed).

No.  CGI is something that allows programs to run on a web server.
That is, using a web browser on a client, you can direct a web server to
run a CGI program, which will carry on a conversation/transaction with
your web browser.

Let's back up.

First, are you looking for access to a server of which you are in control, or
are you looking for access to shellworld.net (which I assume you don't)?  If
shellworld.net, do they allow you to install a CGI program on their server?

Second, what is the software operating system and environment that is
running in your device?  Can you load additional software of your choice?

Third, what capabilities does your device's assistive software have?
Can it read/braille arbitrary web pages?

Fourth, what kinds of programs do you need to run on the server (that you
would like to run and interact with on your device)?