Notetakers

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Thu Sep 9 13:38:19 UTC 2010

I would think that even if you get pocketputty or the other ssh/telnet
client configured on your Pac Mate, it might still be too limiting to run
pine comfortably. Its hard enough to use pine on a linux machine with
speakup. But you'd be using pine in a Windows ssh client with jaws. On top
of that, its not regular jaws, its jaws for Windows Mobile.  Even if you can
get an ssh client working on your Pac Mate, you might not be able to use
pine.

Are you already using a Windows ssh client? I use openssh for Windows when I
do ssh. It works well with jaws but it works great with nvda. Whne I really
need to do something important in ssh, I use a linux machine with speakup.
Nothing is better than that. But openssh for Windows and nvda is really good
too. So if you get a netbook, you could put nvda on it and openssh both of
which are free. You would have no additional costs besides the netbook
itself