I installed arch

Cheryl Homiak cahomiak at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 15:43:44 UTC 2011

I installed arch on my Lenovo thinkpad T61 and it's working fine except that I'll still have to load my little extra keymap for the volume and muting; that works fine except I can't change volume while in a file because the string commands actually do end up on the screen and, if you are working on a console with an open file, they will end up on the file, so I just change consoles before changing volume. At any rate, for the problem of only seeing cancel and OK, this is because Dialog is used; look at the guide for blind users and you'll see a section telling you what to do about that. Also braille didn't work for me at boot but I started it at the command prompt and had it all through installation along with speakup. Be sure to follow the instructions in the blind users and beginner guides and don't skip over looking through and possibly editing all those configuration files when you come to that section. So far I like it.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart