[BRLTTY] Alva BC640 question

Tom Masterson kd7cyu at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 28 00:02:20 UTC 2011

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, Dave Mielke wrote:

> [quoted lines by Tom Masterson on 2011/08/27 at 07:39 -0700]
>
>> On Sat, 27 Aug 2011, Jason White wrote:
>>
>>> What happens if you just start typing on the braille keyboard at a virtual
>>> console with BRLTTY running?
>>>
>> Nothing happens.
>
> My understanding is that there are two ways it can work with the default being
> that the system sees a HID keyboard. Have you looked through the menu to see if
> thit needs to be enabled?
>
> Do you even get no response to the keyboard when the BC640 is connected via
> USB?
>
> We haven't yet had access either to an actual Feature Pack or to a user who has
> one. If you can help with testing and can build your own brltty from the
> development stream, I'd welcome the opportunity to work with you to get the
> keyboard working.

I still have not gotten Bluetooth working with it on any of my computers
except windows so the answer is that the keyboard does not work with usb.

I can and have in the past built brltto from the development stream and
have o problem testing.  I will probably want to be sure I have an
up-to-date virtual machine to safeguard my working ones but that is not a
real problem either.

Tom