msn in text mode

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Sun Jul 3 21:39:47 UTC 2011

On Sun, 3 Jul 2011, Jude DaShiell wrote:

> That's why downloading debian packages you downloaded recommended
> packages.  Try aptitude install centericq pebroc -r <<cr> and see if
> missing packages get downloaded.

Pebrot isn't packaged.  Centericq (now Centerim) is, but I'm guessing he's
attempting to run it some other way too.

anyway, dependencies will never be recommended packages.  If a package is
needed for it to run, it will be a Dependency rather than a recommended
package.

FWIW, the packages listed as recommended packages for centerim are
www-browser and sox.  This is why I turned downloading of recommended
packages off, they just looked like they were going to put too much stuff
I didn't want onto my system.  Not that I wouldn't want either of these,
but I don't expect the installation of an IM client to pull in either of
these.

Geoff.