Constantly Losing Speech Output

RiverWind riverwind at shellworld.net
Mon Jun 27 18:51:03 UTC 2011

I am having the very devil of a problem with my speech output. I am
using Orca, and I have recently installed the latest version of the
Squeeze Disk. I was under the impression that the squeeze disk
boasted certain fixes that make the speech output for Orca more
reliable and less prone to inexplicably cut out. However, I am
constantly losing speech when ever I use either set of cursor
manipulation keys, I.E. the numpad and the actual cursor keys in
the middle.

One moment I have speech, and the very next I do not. I have to
restart my system in order to regain speech output. I would
sincerely appreciate any and all help that I can get with this
problem.

I am terrified at the thought of installing anything else on this
system, because every time I do, my media player stops functioning.
However, I will do what ever is needful in order to fix my problem.
Finding a comprehensive manual on the Gnome system would help
greatly.

As always, thanks ever so much in advance.

Ray

Feel free to visit my website and my blog and learn more about me
and what I stand for.
My Website @ http://riverwind.shellworld.net
My Blog http://windraven13.livejournal.com/