espeak setup problem

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sun May 8 00:18:02 UTC 2011

I hope slackware needs portaudio18 and not portaudio19.  I built
everything with portaudio19 and told espeak to use portaudio19 by copying
portaudio19.h to portaudio.h, and all that happens is event not found
message from espeak.  The library path is in /etc/ld.so.conf so the system
should be finding the libraries.  There were though loads of warnings
spoken when I did the make on espeak like anonymous avariant variables
introduced so maybe the no exceptions piece needs removing from the
makefile.  For now I have a puzzle to crack.