Disk reparation tools

Henry Yen blinux-mail at AegisInfoSys.com
Tue May 24 21:33:42 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 07:59:11AM +0200, Christian wrote:
> Does anyone know any good disk reparation tools for Linux that can scan
> and repair bad sectors?
> I have a disk and there is a file that I can't copy from it and I really
> need this one.

There are a couple (or more) of packages which are different but are named
the same, and are designed for this very purpose.  They are called
"dd-rescue" and/or "ddrescue" and/or "dd_rescue".  I am pretty sure they
would need sighted assistance to be used to their full capability; they
are, however, CLI programs.