developing applications, good tool

marbux marbux at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 01:25:25 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 1:56 PM, Kristoffer Gustafsson
<kg84 at dreamwld.com> wrote:

> I want to develop applications using using the c++ language.
> Also I'm going to do webpages using php.
> I want a good editors for this, that has good error handling.
> Whwn I get an error in the cod I want the program to point the cursor at it,
> and tell me what is wrong, so I get easier to find it than using the command
> line compiler.
> Is there such editors?

I don't know of any that do precisely what you want. But for most of
the popular programming languages, people have developed remote
debuggers, linters, etc. that evaluate code as text, as opposed to
debugging a compiled version. But the return is usually in the form of
a log of errors with line numbers and explanatory text. Some such
debuggers are built into text editors, but I don't use C++ or PHP, so
don't know of any for those languages.