wheezy and Sound

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Mon Apr 23 22:08:52 UTC 2012

Certain things need to be disabled in mplayer configuration for it to
work half decently.  I think when I last had it working I saved my
configuration file to a zip file and may be able to dig that up again.
For one thing, I have video set to null and lirc and joystick and mouse
are also disabled.  I did get vlc working too, but I don't normally push
beyond c.l.i. since so much in G.U.I. works so poorly.  I think when I
did anything with the mixer, I used rexima and adjusted things and then
saved everything with alsactl store.  The alsaconfig script that used to
be there so far as I can find out is now gone.  That helped square
things away nicely while available.  Probably one of the biggest
problems with alsa is udev and udev certainly misconfigured this system
to the extent that a whole slew of alsa errrors happen with each login.
Pulseaudio though may be helping this mess some too.  The jackd server
is figured to be present and when it can't be found that also generates
its own alsa errors.