wheezy and Sound

Martin McCormick martin at x.it.okstate.edu
Tue Apr 24 13:32:43 UTC 2012

	jack is trying to be there but it can't overcome all the
missing and or misconfigured stuff to run. I have had mplayer
successfully running on several older systems and when
everything is there and alsa works, mplayer plays beautifully.

	It might be a good trouble-shooting exercise to
completely de-install alsa and pulseaudio and then re-install
them to see if aptitude gets things closer to right now.
	Sometimes, it is an advantage to have something so
broken that it can't get much worse.

	Thanks

Martin