gcc flags

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Thu Feb 9 07:30:17 UTC 2012

Hi John,

On Wed, 8 Feb 2012 18:43:25 -0600
"John J. Boyer" <john.boyer at abilitiessoft.com> wrote:

> gcc accepts declarations anywhere in a block. However, when I compile on
> Windows I get errors because the Microsoft compilers require
> declaratives to proceed any processing statements. Is there a gcc flag
> that imposes the same requiremennt?

This
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/288441/variable-declaration-placement-in-c
suggests "-pedantic" but I recall there being a more specific gcc flag that
just warns or errors on it. It was said in regards to the bug of the XML-LibXML
or XML-LibXSLT CPAN modules, which I maintain and which had a similar problems.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish