unrtf question?

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Mon Jul 2 00:09:30 UTC 2012

Karen Lewellen  <blinux-list at redhat.com> wrote:
>does unrtf have a file size convert  restriction?
>I attempted to convert a large rtf file to HTML, but got an error hinting
>the file was too large.

I always use unoconv for this kind of task. It requires LibreOffice to be
installed, which should not raise any concerns unless your system is running
short of disk capacity.

It also converts various office file formats, including Office Open XML, which
is what you are likely to receive nowadays from Microsoft Word users. You also
have a choice of output formats, including HTML and text.