dmesg help wanted

aerospace1028 at hotmail.com aerospace1028 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 14 18:09:39 UTC 2013

Hello,
I'm looking for a volunteer or two who can help me sift through the output of dmesg to find out why the talking-arch CD won't talk on my laptop.

It's been a while since I last posted to the list.  I had wanted to find the time to write down the failure messages and pass them along, but my braille notetaker also failed by the time my scheduled cleared up enough.

I downloaded a vinux CD and found that it has speach when I boot.

I used a thumb-drive to copy the output of dmesg from both the talking-arch CD (which isn't working) and the working vinux CD.

If anyone can understand the kernel messages, please contact me--off-list if necessary--and I'll pass along the message logs.  I really want to know how to get speach working with archlinux so I can get back to linux again.

Thanks in advance,
--Paul