linux on a mac

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Thu Apr 18 15:22:01 UTC 2013

You should subscribe to the list for blind Mac users,
mac4theblind at freelists.org if you want to find people who love their
Macs. Personally, I was  a little disappointed with my Mac. That was
probably partly because of the build up. I expected getting a Mac to be
a life changing experience. But I'd  say a Mac   is worth the money.
It's a little more expensive than a PC with Windows but it's a little
better too. It's a good value, not great.

I agree though, that it doesn't make any sense to install linux over top
of MacOS. If you own a Mac, you've already paid for MacOS wich accounts
for a considerable percentage of the price. On the other hand,  I can
see how someone might want to dual boot or run linux as a virtual
machine on a Mac.