Running reportbug through Shellworld?

Henry Yen blinux-mail at AegisInfoSys.com
Tue Dec 3 21:04:18 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 03, 2013 at 08:18:41AM -0800, Hart Larry wrote:
> I am running Debian Testing, trying to submitt items with
> reportbug. Ken has my hosted domain supposedly accepting mail through
> Shellworld. We've tried ports 25 as well as 587, but it fails, saying,
> something about this server doesn't support an "auth extention"

Assuming that the error message comes from shellworld, that would
imply you're setting TLS authorization that shwllworld doesn't support.

> Also at the
> bottom of the sytem info, says something about "debconf-show failed.

Both reportbug and debconf-show are scripts on my debian squeeze
systems, so you might look to run those scripts with some kind of
tracing enabled, to see where things are breaking.

Are you running reportbug from a terminal/console command-line? What
parameters (if any) are you specifying?

--
Henry Yen                                       Aegis Information Systems, Inc.
Senior Systems Programmer                       Hicksville, New York