vinux 4.0 validation failures

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sat Jun 22 15:30:52 UTC 2013

I've been having validation failures on vinux 4.0 downloads.  One set of
failures happens because of poor quality internet transfer for which vinux
is not responsible.  The other set of problems has to do with incorrectly
formatted lines in the md5sum files to be used for validation.  The latest
download generated a couple thousand incorrectly formatted lines and this
was for the i386 set of vinux.  I have yet to try the amd set but expect
I'll try that later today.  I ran md5sum -c --quiet followed by the iso
file name and generated all of these problems.