Does anyone on here know how to make a google voice call from the command line?

aw585 at lafn.org aw585 at lafn.org
Mon Jun 24 14:28:02 UTC 2013

Doug Smith wrote:
This is just a question that I can't seem to find an answer to.  Does anyone oh
line tools? I am looking at a couple of new options, but I have not yet found y

Thanks.

--

I missed this question when it first came out, but noticed it
reviewing email in search of something else.

There's a python tool,  gvoice that does quite a bit from
the command line.
Another tool, gvcall may be more convenient under some
some circumstances for simply placing a call.

gvoice comes as an example program for pygooglevoice.
On my Debian system this install it:

$ apt-get install   python-pip   python-simplejson
$ pip  install pygooglevoice

Same thing might work on Ubuntu.

it has a configuration file   ~/.gvoice
and responds to the --help switch to get more info.

I have a project home page at:

http://code.google.com/p/pygooglevoice/

For the gvcall script, I have a home page of:

http://jwcxz.com/projects/gvcall/

Hope this helps, let us know how it turns out.

Regards,
Dallas E. Legan II
legan at acm.org / aw585 at lafn.org /
http://www.lafn.org/~aw585/index.html