Can I make grub beep?

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Mar 4 13:54:13 UTC 2013

Yeah, as Samuel said in his response, I looked it up in a table when I
figured out how to make it play "On Wisconsin".

I'd be interested in copying your grub directive for playing Ode to Joy.
When you get that figured out, would you post it here, please? I am
always looking for more tunes because I like to have grub play different
tunes depending on the boot medium and version of the operating system.
  If I'm trying to boot from a CD and it plays "On Wisconsin" instead of
"Close Encounters", I know it didn't work.

Anybody else have interesting ones, let me know.