just how much can you do with?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Mon Mar 4 22:58:06 UTC 2013

Well I really wanna ask Jason this, as you may be able to suggest a solution,
since I think you are also a DecTalk user?
You mention how much you like EmacsSpeak.  Well, it supposedly has good or
great DecTalk support?  Would their be an easy way of running my DecTalk USB
from an Emacs server, but still run Speakup or even YASR?  You see, while some
of us in Speakup with DecTalk have as Tony puts it "inconveniences"  I have no
understanding or experience with any flavor of Emacs.  As an editor I like
NANO, but if I had a way of finding a WP6 type version which would run in
Debian, I would like to try it.
Just for the record, in Speakup, I have instant volume, pitch, and rate
changes, which I must fix one at a time each time they drop.  Also
capitalization is quite messedup, so another alternative would be helpful, also
maybe I can advance past 2.6.3.2 kernel.
Thanks so much in advance
Hart