Lillypond

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Thu Mar 7 08:40:29 UTC 2013

Just as an aside, as I understand it, Lillypond is a typesetting system for
music, meaning that you would have to use a text editor to create the
initial input for Lillypond.  In other words, a word processor wouldn't work
anyway because Lillypond needs plain text with typesetting codes.  I must
emphasize that I don't use it, but it was installed here at one time and I'm
vaguely familiar with it.  This is the case with most console programs of
this type, such as grep and other typesetting tools.  They generally don't
read word processor formats and require plain text or text with markup.