Ubuntu terminal with Orca

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Wed May 1 14:18:38 UTC 2013

Orca's flat review functionality is what you need when navigating the
terminal window's output. Hold down the 0 key on the numeric keypad and
press h for help with keys. I will refer to the 0 key on the keypad as
Orca in the examples I give here. The functions I find most useful are
Orca+keypad-7 to go to the top of the window, Orca+keypad-9 to go to the
bottom of the window, keypad-7, 8 and 9 to review by line, keypad 4, 5
and 6 to review by word and keypad-1, 2 and 3 to review by character. I
also make frequent use of the keypad-/ key to emulate a click of the
left mouse button and the keypad-* key to emulate clicking the right
mouse button. Note that many of these functions are somewhat similar to
other screen readers you may have used in the past, the feature just has
a different name, and some of the key combinations are different. Hope
this helps you get started. Good luck, and God bless.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/
--
"Kyle? ... She calls her cake, Kyle?"