alsa and pulse. is this good or not?

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Tue Jun 28 17:09:20 UTC 2016

Did you install espeak with all dependencies yet?  If not, do that
first.
Next, sudo systemctl enable espeak.service <enter>.
If successful, type:
sudo modprobe speakup_soft <enter>.  If successful, type:
espeakup <enter> and see if espeak is willing to talk to you.  If yes,
reboot and see if espeak is still willing to talk to you.  If yes, you
did it.

If I were installing debian myself, I'd use the s boot parameter just
after the beep when the DVD spins up and have espeak talking throughout
the whole installation and after that installation too.