Re: [Cluster-devel] [RFC 3/3] GFS2 rename race - core changes

Hi,

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 03:19 -0500, Wendy Cheng wrote:
> Upon failure of gfs2_unlink_ok(), we discard the old dentry, create a
> new dentry, and then fill in the correct inode contents. This is to
> avoid gfs_rename() returns ENOENT for destination file changes.

I think that you might have to look at the set/reset of
FS_RENAME_DOES_D_MOVE again. This flag is intended to be constant and
set as part of the struct file_system_type. Also it needs to be set on
both of the filesystem types since its required on the metafs as well.

I think its a better plan for GFS2 to do the d_move in all cases to
avoid the races which are otherwise introduced by trying to change the
flag. Otherwise I think the patch looks good,