Re: [Cluster-devel] cluster/group/daemon cman.c cpg.c gd_internal. ...

teigland sourceware org wrote:
	Moving the cluster infrastructure to userland introduced a new problem
	that we didn't need to worry about before.  All cluster state now exists
	in userland processes which can go away and then come back like new, i.e.
	unaware of the previous state.
Hi Dave,

You know this new development cman stuff and I really don't, but I was just thinking:

If we used a shared memory segment, we could hold state information there and then cman would remember the cluster state after process termination and restart,
possibly making this whole thing unnecessary.  Just a thought.
Of course, one could also argue that if the process terminated, can we really trust the state
information it had at the time?

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite