Re: [Cluster-devel] [RCF] removing dead files from CVS HEAD

On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 12:36 -0400, David Teigland wrote:
On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 04:22:55PM +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> csnap*/* (seems abandoned)
> ddraid/* (seems abandoned)

> PS I didn't mention cmirror-kernel because i think i read on IRC that somebody
> is working on it again. am I wrong/right?

I don't think we want any kernel stuff in cvs HEAD apart from gfs-kernel
and gnbd-kernel (and maybe we'll be able to drop gnbd finally). Any kernel
bits should use existing processes and trees for moving upstream, e.g. if
they are dm targets, then though should live as patches in Alasdair's
tree.
I think Jon has been using the cmirror-kernel tree to do his development.  Would leave that one alone for now.  Also, leave csnap for now as Ben has been using that as the basis for some of his work, which hopefully he will be able to get back to at some point.

So, am okay with HEAD containing development/prototype stuff related to clustering and kernel components.  They need to live somewhere until accepted into the dm target tree or upstream kernel trees.  At that point it would make sense to remove them from HEAD but we need someplace to share content prior to those events occurring.

ddraid has moved to http://zumastor.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ so it makes
sense to remove all of that.

yes.

Kevin