[Cluster-devel] cluster/gfs-kernel/src/gfs inode.c ops_file.c ...

Fabio M. Di Nitto fabbione at ubuntu.com
Sun Dec 2 07:18:54 UTC 2007

Hi Wendy,

>>> http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cluster/gfs-kernel/src/gfs/inode.c.diff?cvsroot=cluster&only_with_tag=RHEL5&r1=1.26&r2=1.26.2.1
>>> http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cluster/gfs-kernel/src/gfs/ops_file.c.diff?cvsroot=cluster&only_with_tag=RHEL5&r1=1.28.2.2&r2=1.28.2.3
>>> http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cluster/gfs-kernel/src/gfs/ops_file.h.diff?cvsroot=cluster&only_with_tag=RHEL5&r1=1.2&r2=1.2.2.1
>>>

>> Should this patch land in HEAD as well?
>>

> Yes .. but gfs(1)-kernel HEAD is currently broken ..

I am adding Phillip in CC.

So far he has been doing some work on gfs1 for Ubuntu, that includes a
bunch of fixes. I was not able (mainly I did run out of time) to push them
all.

We have a git import based on a slightly old cvs head snapshot here:
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=ubuntu/ubuntu-hardy-lum.git;a=summary

There is a bit of merge that needs to be done between that tree and CVS,
but there are some valuable fixes in there too that you want to take into
account.

Phillip knows more and better than me how those should be merged.

Also.. do you know how is gfs1-kernel broken in HEAD?

> Will review few proposed
> patches (including your NFS patches) and do a clean-up first thing next week.

That's probably not from me :) I never played around with NFS patches ;)

Cheers
Fabio