Re: [Cluster-devel] cluster/gfs-kernel/src/gfs inode.c ops_file.c ...

Hi Wendy,

On Sat, 1 Dec 2007, Wendy Cheng wrote:

Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:

wcheng sourceware org wrote:

CVSROOT:	/cvs/cluster
Module name:	cluster
Branch: 	RHEL5
Changes by:	wcheng sourceware org	2007-11-30 21:48:54

Modified files:
gfs-kernel/src/gfs: inode.c ops_file.c ops_file.h Log message:
	Red Hat bugzilla 244343:
GFS supports two modes of locking - lock_nolock for single node filesystem and lock_dlm for cluster mode locking. The gfs lock methods are removed from file operation table for lock_nolock protocol. This would allow VFS to handle posix lock and flock logics just like other in-tree filesystems without
	duplication.

Patches:
http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cluster/gfs-kernel/src/gfs/inode.c.diff?cvsroot=cluster&only_with_tag=RHEL5&r1=1.26&r2=1.26.2.1
http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cluster/gfs-kernel/src/gfs/ops_file.c.diff?cvsroot=cluster&only_with_tag=RHEL5&r1=1.28.2.2&r2=1.28.2.3
http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cluster/gfs-kernel/src/gfs/ops_file.h.diff?cvsroot=cluster&only_with_tag=RHEL5&r1=1.2&r2=1.2.2.1

Should this patch land in HEAD as well?

Yes .. but gfs(1)-kernel HEAD is currently broken ..

I am adding Phillip in CC.

So far he has been doing some work on gfs1 for Ubuntu, that includes a bunch of fixes. I was not able (mainly I did run out of time) to push them all.

We have a git import based on a slightly old cvs head snapshot here:
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/git?p=ubuntu/ubuntu-hardy-lum.git;a=summary

There is a bit of merge that needs to be done between that tree and CVS, but there are some valuable fixes in there too that you want to take into account.

Phillip knows more and better than me how those should be merged.

Also.. do you know how is gfs1-kernel broken in HEAD?

Will review few proposed patches (including your NFS patches) and do a clean-up first thing next week.

That's probably not from me :) I never played around with NFS patches ;)

Cheers