Re: [Cluster-devel] [GFS2] [Patch 4/10] Get rid of sd_statfs_mutex

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 09:18 +0000, Steven Whitehouse wrote:
> You can't do gfs2_trans_add_bh under a spinlock, but there is no reason
> why you can't just reverse the order of these two statements to fix it,
>
> Steve.

Hi Steve,

If we reverse the two statements, the trans_add_bh is not protected at
all, which I assume was the purpose of the mutex in the first place.
I'm not sure this is buying us much anyway, so perhaps we should forget
it.

Regards,

Bob Peterson