[Cluster-devel] Re: [2.6.22 regression fix] DLM must depend on SYSFS

On Sat, Jul 07, 2007 at 01:51:55PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Jul 2007, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> >
> > The dependency of DLM on SYSFS got lost in
> > commit 6ed7257b46709e87d79ac2b6b819b7e0c9184998 resulting in the
> > following compile error with CONFIG_DLM=y, CONFIG_SYSFS=n:
>
> Hmm. Shouldn't we make that a "select", the way we already do for
> CONFIGFS_FS?

"select" is more user friendly while "depends on" makes it easier to
disable options.

Usually I'm for the usage of "select" in such cases, but since this is
with CONFIG_EMBEDDED=y where users can be expected to know better what
they are doing I'd say a "depends on" is fine.

CONFIGFS_FS as a helper for some few file systems is also a different
situation from SYSFS that is a dependency of much more options.

> 		Linus

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.