[Cluster-devel] Re: clulog

Fabio Massimo Di Nitto fabbione at ubuntu.com
Tue May 15 18:24:30 UTC 2007

Steven Dake wrote:

> Probably a bit late to this conversation,

not at all.

> but I'd suggest taking a look
> at openais logging (print.c, print.h, and wthread.{c|h}) since its
> already a dependency of RHCS.

Lon was already looking at it and we had a conversation on IRC today.

> We can library-ify (its pretty much
> already a library) the logging system which is non blocking and drops
> messages on overload and records that messages were dropped.

Lon raised a few points that I think he planned to ask you directly but it's
doable IMHO.

My only personal concern (and i don't hide it) is that the cluster suite
needs/would like to have some extra logging functionality and that the patch
inclusion policy for openais might slow that down a bit but clearly if there is
cooperation I don't see it as blocker.

Regards
Fabio