Re: [Cluster-devel] Re: clulog

Steven Dake wrote:

Probably a bit late to this conversation,

not at all.

but I'd suggest taking a look
at openais logging (print.c, print.h, and wthread.{c|h}) since its
already a dependency of RHCS.

Lon was already looking at it and we had a conversation on IRC today.

We can library-ify (its pretty much
already a library) the logging system which is non blocking and drops
messages on overload and records that messages were dropped.

Lon raised a few points that I think he planned to ask you directly but it's doable IMHO.

My only personal concern (and i don't hide it) is that the cluster suite needs/would like to have some extra logging functionality and that the patch inclusion policy for openais might slow that down a bit but clearly if there is cooperation I don't see it as blocker.

Regards