Re: [Cluster-devel] [GFS2] Git tree update

Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:
> Hi Steven,
>
> a quick update on this issue. I am still looking into it.
>
> I was able to reproduce the problem in .22/.23/.24 vanilla but NOT on .22 ubuntu
> kernel that has a .22 + a pull from at the time -22-nwm.
>
> I start to strongly believe that the problem is caused by either a gcc bug OR my
> kernel config.

I can confirm this is a kernel config issue.

I just booted 2.6.24-rc2 and here are the results:

http://people.ubuntu.com/~fabbione/oops/

bad.config will OOPS on mount with the same OOPS as posted before.
good.config will mount and operate fine. We get an OOPS on umount on 2/3 of the
nodes.

dmesg.node* have the umount OOPS.

If you have any suggestion on what kernel options might cause the mount failure,
I will dedicate time to test them one at a time.

Cheers