[Cluster-devel] Re: Fix for configure and kernel trees

Joel Becker wrote:
> configure: Backticks don't work in strings.  Use POSIX::uname().
>
> The strings that use backticks to get `uname -r` don't work as expected.
> Let's use POSIX::uname() directly and let perl do the work.

Hi Joel,

could you be so kind to show me what is the behavior you expect and the one you
are seeing?

The backticks seems to work fine here. and I wonder if it might an environment
difference of some kind. I basically only want to be able to reproduce it.

Cheers